Hypnotherapy for OCD
From Anxiety to Freedom
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
People with OCD have obsessions and/or compulsions that dominate their lives. Obsessions are frequent, unwanted, negative thoughts or urges that make you feel deeply anxious and fearful. In turn, the fear will make you feel the need to repeat a specific behaviour over and over again (compulsion) to give you temporary relief from anxiety. Sufferer’s of OCD might also have a motor/vocal tic disorder i.e. sudden, repetitive movements like blinking eyes, shaking head, shrugging shoulders, swallowing, sniffing, throat clearing or groaning.
I am a highly qualified GAD hypnotherapist working from my Kent practice and I’ve helped many people recover from this type of anxiety.
Symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Common OCD obsessions and their matching compulsions:
- Contamination/germs – Can lead to obsessively cleaning an object or washing a part of your body, such as your hands.
- Losing possessions – The sufferer will repeatedly count or hoard objects that have little value or significance.
- Untidiness or lack of order/symmetry – People with OCD will repeatedly check that items are arranged in a certain perfect way.
- Fear of yourself or others getting hurt – You will repeatedly check that doors and or windows are locked, lights and the cooker is off etc.
- Distressing or shameful thoughts entering your head (such as those involving sex, religion, violence etc) can lead to guilt and an overwhelming need to seek reassurance.
OCD sufferer’s tend to get trapped in a vicious circle of negative thought patterns and repeated behaviours which can be very distressing, hypnosis is a gentle treatment which has very positive results. It is not easy to overcome OCD without expert support, so please don’t delay.
My aim is to help control how you respond to unwanted thoughts and impulses, eventually freeing you of your obsessions and compulsions. Imagine the freedom you will feel!
Unlocking your true potential